Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The One Percent Doctrine by Ron Suskind

This is one of those rare books that I didn't even finish. Sometimes I feel guilty about this, but I just couldn't stomach it. Basically, I'm a dirty hippie and this book was about why the Bush Administration is doing a fine job. Perhaps you will consider me closed-minded, and trust me, I'm working on it. But the one percent doctrine is this: If there is even a one percent chance that some terrorists are out there, we ought to take pre-emptive action, because we are tired of sifting through all the intelligence and it's just too hard. Well I'm sorry that you're tired, but that is just not acceptable. And also, I object to calling all the men by their last names, in keeping with journalistic convention, yet consistently referring to Condoleeza Rice as "Condi." It's the naughty aughties, Ronnie baby. Give the woman some respect.

No comments: